hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: loading Hadoop native libraries in HBase unit tests
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:52:45 GMT
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Mikhail Bautin
<bautin.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then how about solving the issue for the most common case (the default
> version of Hadoop)? We can import the default version of libhadoop.so into
> the HBase codebase and load it in tests, as I mentioned. This can be
> considered a hack but will definitely increase the test coverage.

You're not proposing importing a native binary into a source tree, are you?
That won't be very reliable at all.

We can probably come up with a # of workaroudns here, but at the end
of the day, unless you recompiled the native bits here and now, chances
are they won't be compatible with the OS you happen to be on.

Thanks,
Roman.