hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Whiting <je...@qualtrics.com>
Subject Re: HBase wire compatibility
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 23:04:56 GMT
Will this allow for hbase clients in other languages?  It seems that if pb are being used then
any
language pb supports could have a first class client and not have to use a separate (and not
super
maintained) thrift server. You would want to keep the client to be light though if it were
to be
ported to other languages.

IMHO it seems that if we are going to the work of redoing the client communications we should
be
considering other languages.  It seems like having first class clients in various languages
could
only increase hbase adoption which would be a good thing :-)  I would really like to see hbase
be
more usable from other languages besides java.

~Jeff

--
Jeff Whiting
Qualtrics Senior Software Engineer