hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ramakrishna s vasudevan <ramkrishna.vasude...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: ANN:0.90.6RC4 available for download
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 02:52:06 GMT
Hi Shaneal

Appreciate your efforts on verifiying the RC.
HBASE-5377 was the one taken up to fix licensing issues in 0.90.  Still the problem persists?

Regards
Ram
From: Shaneal Manek [smanek@cloudera.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:31 AM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: ANN:0.90.6RC4 available for download

I don't get a vote, so just some observations.

Functionality wise, everything looks good (at least to quick smoke
tests, haven't done anything strenuous).

However, it looks like licensing is still broken. That is, running the
build with the release profile (-Prelease) fails since rat still isn't
happy about license headers. All the offending files seem to be empty
- and I submitted a patch to delete them on HBASE-5364
(hbase-5364-0.90.patch).

It's not my call if this is worth cutting another RC for. However,
this one was made solely to mostly to address license issues - and it
doesn't appear to do so.

-Shaneal

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM, rama krishna <ram_krish_86@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs
> The download of 0.90.6RC4 is available at
> http://people.apache.org/~ramkrishna/0.90.6RC4/
> The release has been signed by Stack as my key is not  yet registered with web of trust.
> Regarding the new issues added to 0.90 after RC3 are
>   HBASE-5377  Fix licenses on the 0.90 branch.
>   HBASE-5379  Backport HBASE-4287 to 0.90 - If region opening fails, try to transition
region back
>               to "offline" in ZK
>   HBASE-5396  Handle the regions in regionPlans while processing ServerShutdownHandler(Jieshan)Improvements
  HBASE-5327  Print a message when an invalid hbase.rootdir is passed (Jimmy Xiang)
>   HBASE-5197  [replication] Handle socket timeouts in ReplicationSource
>               to prevent DDOS
>   HBASE-5395  CopyTable needs to use GenericOptionsParserI would like to freeze the check
ins to 0.90 till this RC goes out of release.Please provide your votes on the release.  The
voting closes on 25th Feb.Hope to release out 0.90.6 before Feb ends.Thanks to all who contributed
and looking forward for your support.