hbase-dev mailing list archives

From krishnaprasad <krishnaprasa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: While putting value in one column-family results getting the same value from every column-family of the table when column name is same.
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 07:01:43 GMT
Hi Mikael,
I checked that the row is empty or not and it is obviously not empty,
because I have put value into column family 'CREATIVE_GROUP' just before
The HBase shell responds correctly,
Shell output:-

hbase(main):002:0> get 'STATE_STORE','3000','CREATIVE_GROUP'
COLUMN                                                       CELL
timestamp=1330353883796, value=\xFF
1 row(s) in 0.0220 seconds

hbase(main):003:0> get 'STATE_STORE','3000','CREATIVE'
COLUMN                                                       CELL
0 row(s) in 0.0130 seconds

I also checked for the existence of column 'STATE' in column-family
'CREATIVE' but it returns true.
boolean b = res.containsColumn(Bytes.toBytes("CREATIVE"),
result is 'true'.
I created the column, 'STATE', only for column family 'CREATIVE_GROUP', then
why the above code returns true ?
I think it refers to the same column 'STATE' of the family 'CREATIVE_GROUP'.
How can I fix this issue with out changing the column name ?