hbase-dev mailing list archives

From hongqizh <hqzh...@talend.com>
Subject Re: Is there a API to get all the columns of a column family
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:30:48 GMT
>Why not?  It stops at a particular region?  Can you figure which one.
>Is it not deployed anywhere?   Grep its name in master logs to see if
>you can figure what happened to it?

It seems that a StackOverflowError happened in my program.

>I don't think we'll be adding such a call; it would imply a full scan
>of the whole table to find every unique column of which there could be
>millions.  If the table is big, it'd need to mapreduce for the result
>to come back in any reasonable amount of time.

Sorry, St.Ack ,  I'm not very clear about how to mapreduce for the result,
could you explain more about the mapreduce or give me some link? Thanks
again for your kind help!

Sent from the HBase - Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

View raw message