hbase-dev mailing list archives

From hongqizh <hqzh...@talend.com>
Subject Re: Is there a API to get all the columns of a column family
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 02:00:20 GMT
Hi St.Ack,

Thanks for your quick response. In my case, the tables comes from customers
so I can't modify those tables, and some of the tables are very large(for
example, one is more than 600MB) , when I scanning all the data of the
table, the program just does not respond. Do you have a suggestion about
this kind of case? And I think more and more people will encounter this
problem,  is that possible in future to add the API to get all the column
names of a column family(such as HColumnDescriptor.getColumnNames() )?

Kind regards,

Hongqi