hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ramkrishna.vasude...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: ANN: 0.90.6 RC3 available for download
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 07:07:34 GMT
Hi Jon

First of all thanks a lot for working on the license issues.

As discussed with Stack the key signing part he said he can do it.
Currently for the 0.90.6RC3 only you have voted.  I received 2 +1s on RC2
only.
If you can commit your changes once again we can take another RC for 0.90.6
but it may delay the release further.
So in another 2 days we get more +1s then we go ahead with this Rc3,  if not
take another RC with your recent JIRAs and release that one.

Does that sound ok ? Good on you Jon.

Regards
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Hsieh [mailto:jon@cloudera.com]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 10:54 AM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: ANN: 0.90.6 RC3 available for download

Hey Ram,

You are the release manager so you get to decide if on the status of the
0.90.6 release. I believe we have a workaround for the key signing bit.  I
believe the rules say a sufficient condition for a release is to have at
least 3 formal pmc +1's as long as there are more +1's than -1's.  (There
is no veto on releases).

I've created patches that make rat run when you add a -Prelease profile to
the 0.90.x build and also a patch the fixes the licenses making rat pass.
 If these are applied my current -1 vote will turn into a +1.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5363 (takes 0.92 and trunk as
well)

Also, the license fixes for 0.92/trunk were fairly trivial and I'll give
Elliot credit for them on that patch:

Jon.