hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ramkrishna.vasude...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: ANN: 0.90.6 RC3 available for download
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 05:26:30 GMT
Hi Jon

I have published my key in pub 4096R/867B57B8 in the MIT PGP public key
server.

Hope this is what you meant of publishing the key?

Regards
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Lipcon [mailto:todd@cloudera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:41 AM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: ANN: 0.90.6 RC3 available for download

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com> wrote:
> - Ram, I think if I understand the signing stuff properly, your gpg
> signature needs to be verifed/signed by someone else in the "web of
trust".

Regarding signatures: if another committer reviews the release and is
willing to stand by it, that committer can sign the artifact in lieu
of Ram. So, if you vote +1 on the next release, Jon, you can sign it,
and I can sign your key at the office to get you into the apache "web
of trust".

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon