hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vrodio...@carrieriq.com>
Subject RE: -ROOT- is offline
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 04:42:33 GMT
Thanks,
It was resolved after second cluster re-start. In this case - not with kill -9 but with manual
shutdown and restart of every HBase process (including Master and ZK). stop-hbase.sh did not
work again.

But holes in .META. are still there. That is sad.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: vrodionov@carrieriq.com

From: saint.ack@gmail.com [saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack [stack@duboce.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 8:40 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: -ROOT- is offline

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<vrodionov@carrieriq.com> wrote:
> 1. grid04 RS is down because of this:
>
> 2012-01-04 19:06:56,949 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: NotServingRegionException;
Region is not online: -ROOT-,,0

OK

> 2. ZK /hbase/root-region-server is empty

Thats odd.

> From the log files in grid04 and in Master I can not find who is trying to assign -ROOT-.
It looks like Master thinks its grid04
> and grid04 thinks it some other node, that is why grid04 waits for -ROOT- becomes online
(what is not going to happen) and then shut itself down. Master in turn waits
> forever for grid04 become available (but its down already).

Try killing -9 the master and then staring it again with
./bin/hbase-daemon.sh start master

Maybe the master has it in its head (only) that -ROOT- is at that
location and is not consulting zk.

St.Ack