hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject HBASE-5073 impact...
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 21:37:11 GMT

Hi dev-list,

With respect to HBASE-5073 and invoking the admin API and producing
slowdowns, was the workaround (without the patch) that the client be
restarted, or the entire cluster?  I see the patch has been back-ported to
90.6 but I wanted to doc this if it was warranted.

Also, regarding...

"As Lars mentioned admin apis like flush and compact will also slow down
the client."

... in terms of "slowing down the client", is this referring to the fact
that subsequent requests will have to content with increased activity on
RegionServers (e.g., due to compaction and the file-writing) will
experience?  Or is there something else going on?

Again, wanted to doc this if it was warranted.