hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Wang <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: hbase shell output question
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 06:21:10 GMT

> The bug is that the status we output is 0 rows rather than two rows?  (Or
> do you mean 1 row since only one row was deleted)?

You are right; I meant 1 row.  As an end-user, I expected that I should see
that 1 row was deleted, instead of 0 rows.  Or do not print out a number of
rows at all.

Looking at the ruby shell code, it seems that formatter.footer() is called
even for commands that will not actually increment the number of rows
reported, such as deletes.  Perhaps there should be another similar
function to formatter.footer(), but that will not print out @row_count.

- Dave