hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANN: The third hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 03:16:53 GMT
I'm not convinced this should be a blocker, the TM is effectively
disabled in 0.90 and up until Ram brought back the subject it was
going to be the same in 0.92.0. HBASE-5120 happens only when you run
with the TM.

My opinion is that:

- If 5120 is easy to fix and there's no other obvious bug lurking in
the TM, we should get 5119/20 into 0.92.0
- If it's not, either punt to a later bug fix release or 0.94

I would also suggest a third option that seems like a stretch but
could be workable:

- MAX_FILESIZE is 4x bigger so users are less likely to have a huge
number of regions (plus all our education), so the TM is less likely
to cause damage and could be very useful. What I mean is 5119 could be
committed but not 5120 for 0.92.0

J-D