hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANN: 0.90.6 RC1 available for download Was: 0.90.6 Release status
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:45:20 GMT
I deployed it on a cluster and ran some YCSB and PE, killed some
servers. Also I did some local mixings with 0.90.5 to make sure it's
all compatible. That's all good.

The CHANGES file is wrong tho, it starts with a 0.90.7 commit and it
doesn't have a release date. Not sure if it really warrants rolling
out a new RC, I wonder what the others are thinking since in 0.92 we
stopped updating it.

Finally, 3 days might be a bit short for voting.

J-D

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Ramakrishna s vasudevan
<ramkrishna.vasudevan@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Devs
>
> HBASE-0.90.6 RC1 is available for download at the following path.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~ramkrishna/0.90.6_RC1
>
> The following defects are included in this RC
>
> HBASE-5196 - Failure in region split after PONR could cause region hole
> HBASE-5153 - Add retry logic in HConnectionImplementation#resetZooKeeperTrackers
>
> HBASE-5225 - Backport HBASE-3845 -data loss because lastSeqWritten can miss memstore
edits
> HBASE-5235 - HLogSplitter writer thread's streams not getting closed when any of the
writer threads has exceptions.
> HBASE-5237 - Addendum for HBASE-5160 and HBASE-4397
> HBASE-5269 - IllegalMonitorStateException while retryin HLog split in 0.90 branch. (Induced
defect in 0.90.6RC0).

> HBASE-5179 - Concurrent processing of processFaileOver and ServerShutdownHandler may
cause region to be assigned before log splitting is completed, causing data loss

> will  not go into the release.  After good testing and confirmation it will be committed
into future 0.90 and trunk branches.

> Unless we get any defect from the regression of this RC i would like to take this RC
for 0.90.6 release.

> Your suggestions are welcome.
>
> Please vote +1/-1 for this RC.  The vote closes on January 29th.
>
> Regards
> Ram

time to get the test case can we verify the patch with good cluster testing and raise a JIRA
for the test case integration that Stack gives.

> By this way we can get the patch in the release and also satisfies Todd's suggestion.
>
> Any comments so that i can raise a test task for the same.
>
> Regards
> Ram

which time patches continuously get checked in.

> Cheers
>

> On Jan 21, 2012, at 4:34 AM, Ramakrishna s vasudevan <ramkrishna.vasudevan@huawei.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Devs
>>
>> After the first RC for 0.90.6 was taken
>> HBASE-5196 - Failure in region split after PONR could cause region hole
>> HBASE-5153 - Add retry logic in HConnectionImplementation#resetZooKeeperTrackers
>>
>> The above 2 defects have been committed.
>>
>> HBASE-5179 - Concurrent processing of processFaileOver and ServerShutdownHandler
may cause region to be assigned before log splitting is completed, causing data loss
>> HBASE-5225 - Backport HBASE-3845 -data loss because lastSeqWritten can miss memstore
edits
>> HBASE-5235 - HLogSplitter writer thread's streams not getting closed when any of
the writer threads has exceptions.
>> HBASE-5237 - Addendum for HBASE-5160 and HBASE-4397
>>
>> HBASE-5179 - is almost in a final stage for committing.  Thanks to Chunhui, Ted
and Jinchao for persisting on the defect.