hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.90.6 Release status
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:57:55 GMT
(Coming in a little late, sorry about that)

If HBASE-5196 is a regression from previous versions, then definitely
-1. If not, I don't see why we'd sink the RC and even more so since it
has no unit test which means it could add more bugs to a bug fix
release.

That said, you guys can still -1 this RC if you want.

Personally I'm done with the 0.90 branch and I'm focussing my efforts
on getting 0.92 in production here.

J-D

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Ramakrishna s vasudevan
<ramkrishna.vasudevan@huawei.com> wrote:
> It is always better to get in a patch with test case.  But if it takes  a little more
time to get the test case can we verify the patch with good cluster testing and raise a JIRA
for the test case integration that Stack gives.

> By this way we can get the patch in the release and also satisfies Todd's suggestion.
>
> Any comments so that i can raise a test task for the same.
>
> Regards
> Ram

which time patches continuously get checked in.

> Cheers
>

> On Jan 21, 2012, at 4:34 AM, Ramakrishna s vasudevan <ramkrishna.vasudevan@huawei.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Devs
>>
>> After the first RC for 0.90.6 was taken
>> HBASE-5196 - Failure in region split after PONR could cause region hole
>> HBASE-5153 - Add retry logic in HConnectionImplementation#resetZooKeeperTrackers
>>
>> The above 2 defects have been committed.
>>
>> HBASE-5179 - Concurrent processing of processFaileOver and ServerShutdownHandler
may cause region to be assigned before log splitting is completed, causing data loss
>> HBASE-5225 - Backport HBASE-3845 -data loss because lastSeqWritten can miss memstore
edits
>> HBASE-5235 - HLogSplitter writer thread's streams not getting closed when any of
the writer threads has exceptions.
>> HBASE-5237 - Addendum for HBASE-5160 and HBASE-4397
>>
>> HBASE-5179 - is almost in a final stage for committing.  Thanks to Chunhui, Ted
and Jinchao for persisting on the defect.