hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No security sources in 0.92.0 release tarballs.
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:50:08 GMT
To be clear, the compiled security classes are included in the
hbase-0.92.0-security.jar in the security build.  But we are missing
the source files from security/src/... under the src/ directory in the
tarball.  Probably an oversight of mine in the addition of the
security profile to the POM.

So security should be functional in the release, subject to the
caveats Andy mentions.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> Can't believe I missed that. I haven't been paying enough attention to upstream.
>

> However, this isn't the worst thing that could have happened, without HBASE-5195 in the
upstream sources security isn't going to adequately protect Gets. Also there is a shell nit
to fix (HBASE-5265).