hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: The fourth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:00:26 GMT
+1 on releasing this as 0.92.0

I've done some spotty testing of it over the last week and it seems to
basically work (I was doing mostly write loads with aggressive
splitting in small heaps killing a node from time to time then doing
hbck to see if stuff survived...)

I've downloaded it and checked out the doc.  All seems fine.

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> The fourth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download:
>  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.92.0-candidate-3/
> I've posted a secure and an insecure tarball built by jenkins.
> This RC bundles hadoop 1.0.0 and zookeeper 3.4.2.
> As said previous, HBase 0.92.0 includes a wagon-load of new features
> including coprocessors, security, a new (self-migrating) file format,
> distributed log splitting, etc.  There's been > 660 fixes since 0.90.
> See the list here: http://su.pr/1VZzl5
> See the hbase manual for the low-down on what hadoop version this
> release will run on: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hadoop
> There is no migration necessary.  A shutdown and restart after putting
> in place the new HBase should be all thats involved (A rolling restart
> from 0.90.x to 0.92.0 will not work).  That said, once you have moved
> to 0.92.x, there is no going back to 0.90.x after the transition has
> been made.
> Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.92.0?  Take it for a spin.
> Check out the doc.  Vote +1/-1 by Martin Luther King Day, January 16th, 2012.
> Yours,
> The HBasistas
> P.S. This candidate is looking pretty good.  If you are thinking of using 0.92.0
> any time soon, we would suggest that you dig in now and try it.  Thanks.

View raw message