hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: -ROOT- is offline
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 04:40:08 GMT
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<vrodionov@carrieriq.com> wrote:
> 1. grid04 RS is down because of this:
>
> 2012-01-04 19:06:56,949 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: NotServingRegionException;
Region is not online: -ROOT-,,0

OK

> 2. ZK /hbase/root-region-server is empty

Thats odd.

> From the log files in grid04 and in Master I can not find who is trying to assign -ROOT-.
It looks like Master thinks its grid04
> and grid04 thinks it some other node, that is why grid04 waits for -ROOT- becomes online
(what is not going to happen) and then shut itself down. Master in turn waits
> forever for grid04 become available (but its down already).

Try killing -9 the master and then staring it again with
./bin/hbase-daemon.sh start master

Maybe the master has it in its head (only) that -ROOT- is at that
location and is not consulting zk.

St.Ack