hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject ANN: The fourth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 21:39:01 GMT
The fourth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.92.0-candidate-3/

I've posted a secure and an insecure tarball built by jenkins.

This RC bundles hadoop 1.0.0 and zookeeper 3.4.2.

As said previous, HBase 0.92.0 includes a wagon-load of new features
including coprocessors, security, a new (self-migrating) file format,
distributed log splitting, etc.  There's been > 660 fixes since 0.90.
See the list here: http://su.pr/1VZzl5

See the hbase manual for the low-down on what hadoop version this
release will run on: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hadoop

There is no migration necessary.  A shutdown and restart after putting
in place the new HBase should be all thats involved (A rolling restart
from 0.90.x to 0.92.0 will not work).  That said, once you have moved
to 0.92.x, there is no going back to 0.90.x after the transition has
been made.

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.92.0?  Take it for a spin.
Check out the doc.  Vote +1/-1 by Martin Luther King Day, January 16th, 2012.

Yours,
The HBasistas

P.S. This candidate is looking pretty good.  If you are thinking of using 0.92.0
any time soon, we would suggest that you dig in now and try it.  Thanks.