hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ANN: The fourth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 05:23:44 GMT
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we can declare Jenkins build #243 which is ongoing as 0.92.0 ?

Thats not how it works.  RC3 is what we are voting on.  +1 or -1 it.
If -1, it should be a good reason.

Regards the issues committed since RC3 was put up last Sunday, none
are marked critical or even blocker.

Is this the set (I searched all resolved since last Sunday)?

 	HBASE-5143  HBASE-3274 Fix config typo in pluggable load balancer factory
 	HBASE-5163	TestLogRolling#testLogRollOnDatanodeDeath fails sometimes
on Jenkins or hadoop QA ("The directory is already locked.")
 	HBASE-5088	A concurrency issue on SoftValueSortedMap
 	HBASE-5137 MasterFileSystem.splitLog() should abort even if
waitOnSafeMode() throws IOException
 	HBASE-5041	Major compaction on non existing table does not throw error

None of the above merit sinking the release in my opinion (The first
is minor, the second an occasional test failure, the third and fourth
something we've had for ages and rare is their incidence and the fifth
is an improvement).

St.Ack