hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: code review: HBASE-5179 Concurrent processing of processFaileOver and ServerShutdownHandler may cause region to be assigned before log splitting is completed, causing data loss
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:31:58 GMT
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

> There have been several rounds of bug fixing since v11.
>
> Please take a look at 5179-90v17.txt which passed test on Jinchao's
> cluster.
> Once code review passed for 5179-90v17.txt, I will prepare patches for
> TRUNK and 0.92 branch.

In review of v11, I suggested we needed tests or at least test scenarios
outlined (if latter done I volunteered to try and write tests for trunk at
least) especially because I'm unclear on what we're actually fixing with
the patch at this stage. I also suggested breaking up the patch into
smaller, targeted pieces as a means of undoing the complexity so mere
mortals like myself can follow along.  I don't see this done in v17.

St.Ack