hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: code review: HBASE-5231 Backport HBASE-3373 (per-table load balancing) to 0.92
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:07:56 GMT
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> I made Fix Version of HBASE-5231 0.92.1
>
> I can wait till 0.92.0 is released.

IMO we should push it to 0.94.0. Point releases should be for minor
improvements and bug fixes. The fact that we divert so much energy
into past releases is part of why we're so slow to release the new
ones -- and the long period between the new releases I think
contributes to how unstable trunk gets in the meantime. I won't -1 it
for 0.92.1, but it just seems like a Bad Idea.

/me goes back to beating the 'we should do time-based releases' drum

-Todd