hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ramakrishna s vasudevan <ramkrishna.vasude...@huawei.com>
Subject ANN: 0.90.6 RC2 available for download
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:58:26 GMT
Hi All

After the RC1 release cut, few problems with CHANGES.txt was found.
So i have taken a new release cut RC2 .  It has an addendum for HBASE-5153 also.

Any issues found due to regression will be checked in for a new RC.

Till then would like to freeze all the code changes into 0.90.  Any new changes can go after
the release of 0.90.6 is done.

Pls vote for the new RC
http://people.apache.org/~ramkrishna/0.90.6_RC2/ before February 4th.

Regards
Ram

From: Ramakrishna s vasudevan
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:10 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: ANN: 0.90.6 RC1 available for download Was: 0.90.6 Release status

Hi Devs

HBASE-0.90.6 RC1 is available for download at the following path.

http://people.apache.org/~ramkrishna/0.90.6_RC1

The following defects are included in this RC

HBASE-5196 - Failure in region split after PONR could cause region hole
HBASE-5153 - Add retry logic in HConnectionImplementation#resetZooKeeperTrackers

HBASE-5225 - Backport HBASE-3845 -data loss because lastSeqWritten can miss memstore edits
HBASE-5235 - HLogSplitter writer thread's streams not getting closed when any of the writer
threads has exceptions.
HBASE-5237 - Addendum for HBASE-5160 and HBASE-4397
HBASE-5269 - IllegalMonitorStateException while retryin HLog split in 0.90 branch. (Induced
defect in 0.90.6RC0).

HBASE-5179 - Concurrent processing of processFaileOver and ServerShutdownHandler may cause
region to be assigned before log splitting is completed, causing data loss

will  not go into the release.  After good testing and confirmation it will be committed into
future 0.90 and trunk branches.

Unless we get any defect from the regression of this RC i would like to take this RC for 0.90.6
release.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Please vote +1/-1 for this RC.  The vote closes on January 29th.

Regards
Ram