hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase 0.94.0
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:28:47 GMT
A limited set of changes so we can get it out on that kind of timeframe. :-)

  - Constraints (is ready to go, is a coprocessor, so is in the large just a new package
to drop in)

  - Useful utilities for ops:

     - LoadTestTool (if Ted didn't end up backporting this into 0.92)

     - The store file locality thing I have mostly done, will finish it

  - Mikhail and crew's ongoing optimizations (HBASE-4218, etc.), the ones he considers fully
baked
I saw wire compatibility mentioned, for 0.96 but perhaps optional/transitional code in 0.94
as well. This is something we would try out and beat up upon in staging in earnest.

Best regards,

    - Andy