hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: time based release Was: code review: HBASE-5231 Backport HBASE-3373 (per-table load balancing) to 0.92
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 05:06:31 GMT
Absolutely. I'd also throw HBASE-4608 in there.

________________________________
 From: Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org; lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
Cc: Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com>; stack <stack@duboce.net>; Jean-Daniel Cryans
<jdcryans@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 8:55 PM
Subject: time based release Was: code review: HBASE-5231 Backport HBASE-3373 (per-table load
balancing) to 0.92

I suggest first completing HBASE-2600 and HBASE-4218 before branching 0.94
We have 5 Jenkins builds so far. After branching, we need to maintain 5 Jenkins builds.

Cheers

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:

I agree. As soon as 0.92.0 is released, let's talk about 0.94.

>+1 on time based releases!
>

>I think 0.92 shows that not doing frequent releases leads to a lot cruft accumulating
in trunk, which then takes a lot of time to stabalize.

Cryans <jdcryans@gmail.com>