hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Limited cross row transactions
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:59:14 GMT
Yes. Although the app should set it up so that this does not happen (presplitting and avoid
future splitting, or a custom balancer), because it means the same transaction the next time
would need to fail.

Lemme just file the jira and provide the patch. It'll be small (will do it today or tomorrow),
and then we can discuss there.

----- Original Message -----
From: Stack <stack@duboce.net>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org; lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: Limited cross row transactions

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The interesting part is that even though the code enforced the atomic operation to be
a for single row, this is not required.
> It is enough if all involved KVs reside in the same region.

So, if a region split post the commit of this x-row transaction, it'd
be ok?  Or we should just do entity groups altogether and not let
region splits happen in middle of an 'entity group'; i.e. we'd split
only where the Nth byte of a key changes?

View raw message