hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ramkrishna.vasude...@huawei.com>
Subject RE:ANN:HBASE-0.90.6RC0 available for download
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 05:16:32 GMT
Hi

I have signed the release in this path
http://people.apache.org/~ramkrishna/0.90.6RC0/. I sent the tags path
thinking that is what is there in svn :(.

HBASE-3845 - data loss because lastSeqWritten can miss memstore edits
This issue is into trunk but not into 0.90.  While testing the 0.90 we ended
up in this issue.
So I propose to integrate this patch and then prepare another RC.

Regards
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: jdcryans@gmail.com [mailto:jdcryans@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Jean-Daniel Cryans
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:44 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: ANN:HBASE-0.90.6RC0 available for download

Hey,

The way voting for a release works, we have to try out a tarball. A
good basis for the release process is
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease

So after tagging what you need is to build the tarball using "mvn
package assembly:assembly" then you'll have to sign it and generate
the checksum. Finally you put all that up in your public folder on
people.apache.org much like stack did for the latest 0.92 RC:
http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.92.0-candidate-4/

Thanks!

J-D