hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ramkrishna.vasude...@huawei.com>
Subject LogSyncer thread not shuttting down
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:59:22 GMT
Hi devs

In the LogSyncer run() we keep looping till this.isInterrupted flag is set.

But in some cases the DFSclient is consuming the Interrupted exception.  So
we are running into infinite loop

In some shutdown cases.

I would suggest that as we are the ones who tries to close down the
LogSyncerThread we can introduce a variable like

Close or shutdown and based on the state of this flag along with
isInterrupted() we can make the thread stop.

If the above method is ok, I can submit a patch for the same.

One more thing is, is it ok to close the LogSyncerThread before it completes
all the sync?

Regards

Ram