hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramkrishna.vasude...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Registered listeners not getting removed - Leading to memory leak
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 05:54:32 GMT
Hi

I just analysed.. I think every time we can create a new zk watcher and
close them in CatalogTracker stop() as how it is done in trunk.

Regards

Ram

  _____

From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:32 AM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org; ramkrishna.vasudevan@huawei.com
Cc: lars hofhansl
Subject: Re: Registered listeners not getting removed - Leading to memory
leak

How about creating new zookeeper watcher in 0.90, following TRUNK's example
?

Cheers

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Ramkrishna S Vasudevan
<ramkrishna.vasudevan@huawei.com> wrote:

Hi All

In trunk the problem doesnot exist.  Every time when we do getCatalogTracker
as part of the constructor

atalogTracker(final ZooKeeperWatcher zk, final Configuration conf,

     HConnection connection, Abortable abortable, final int defaultTimeout)

 throws IOException {
   this.connection = connection;
   if (abortable == null) {
     // A connection is abortable.
     this.abortable = this.connection;
   }
   Abortable throwableAborter = new Abortable() {

     @Override
     public void abort(String why, Throwable e) {
       throw new RuntimeException(why, e);
     }

     @Override
     public boolean isAborted() {
       return true;
     }

   };
   if (zk == null) {
     // Create our own.  Set flag so we tear it down on stop.
     this.zookeeper =
       new ZooKeeperWatcher(conf, "catalogtracker-on-" +
connection.toString(),
         abortable);
     instantiatedzkw = true;
   } else {
     this.zookeeper = zk;

Everytime as zk is null we create new zookeeper watcher..  But in the 0.90.x
version we don't do that.. we get the zkwatcher from the connection object.
That is why the listener is not getting cleared.

Any suggestions on this?

Regards

Ram

 _____