hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: problem starting HBase regional server
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 04:37:40 GMT
Ah no, nevermind that. You do have sun packages in the trace, my bad.

What does 'sudo -u hbase hbase classpath' show?

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Seems like you're running GCJ probably, instead of Sun Java. Can you check in that direction,
and switch your default java to the proper Sun Java JRE/JDK paths?

> On 12-Dec-2011, at 10:01 AM, Aditya Kumar wrote:
>
>> thank you for the response.
>>
>> I do have zookeeper.jar?
>>
>>  locate  zookeeper.jar
>> /usr/lib/hbase/lib/zookeeper.jar
>> /usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper.jar
>>
>> what else I should see to resolve issue (1)

Exception.
>>> can you please let me know what I am missing and also how to debug this?
>>>
>>> ==
>>> sudo /sbin/service hadoop-hbase-regionserver start
>>> starting regionserver, logging to /var/log/hbase/hbase-hbase-regionserver-host123.out
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/zookeeper/KeeperException
>>>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>>>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2442)
>>>         at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2685)
>>>         at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1620)
>>>         at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(LauncherHelper.java:484)
>>>         at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:476)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException
>>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>>

>> You are missing the zookeeper jar it would seem.
>>

>>> ==
>>>

>>> 2) My Hadoop is up and running.
>>> But when I try to connect to the Hbase from my BRoswer, I keep getting "connecting"
in the status Bar and no response.
>>> I tried: http://10.10.10.11:60010
>>>
>>> when I checked Hmaster it is running on 10.10.10.11. but the GUI does not come
>>>

>> Check master logs.  If it can't find zk jar, its not going to come up.
>>

>>> 3) I have a Hadoop and Hbase installed in 5 hosts.
>>> if I want this to be given to 25 applications for accessing the DB, what are
the configuration changes that I should be taken into consideration
>>> like: ( in some applications max handles , threads) similarly what all I should
be taken into consideration.

>> Read the manual that is up on hbase.org.
>>

>>> 4) when I try to connect to HBase shell
>>> it stops and does not proceed.
>>> =
>>> hbase(main):006:0* list
>>> TABLE
>>> 11/12/11 18:25:57 FATAL zookeeper.ZKConfig: The server in zoo.cfg cannot be set
to localhost in a fully-distributed setup because it won't be reachable. See "Getting Started"
for more information.

--
Harsh J