hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MaxDirectMemorySize Was: Suspected memory leak
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:22:59 GMT
Thanks for the reminder Todd.
Currently we use the following config param to calculate offheap cache size:
    long offHeapCacheSize =
      (long) (conf.getFloat("hbase.offheapcache.percentage", (float) 0.95) *
          DirectMemoryUtils.getDirectMemorySize());
We should lower the default percentage for offheap cache and document the
tradeoff between giving larger space from direct memory to either offheap
cache or client NIO.

Cheers