hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Contacting a wrong regions
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 05:39:39 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Akash Ashok <thehellmaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> We currently have an issue in our HBase cluster that 2 of our regions on a
> regions server have gone down. We can't enable or disable the regions.

Hey Akash:

Whats 'gone down' mean?  You have holes in your .META. table?

When you run hbck what do you see?

> Are
> there any tools to get the data out of it from HDFS files ?
> We are ok with recreating the indices only for the keys in that region.

As Ram suggests, you can see the edits using the HFile tool.

If you "cant" get the old regions online, you could create new regions
to take their place and just put the hfiles under the new regions
before they are deployed -- that should work?

> Cheers,
> Akash A

View raw message