hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: SequenceFileLogReader uses a reflection hack resulting in runtime failures
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 14:55:48 GMT
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Mikhail Bautin
<bautin.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Stack: I am using hadoop-0.20.205.0 (the default Hadoop version from
> pom.xml). There is a private getFileLength() method, but getMethod() does
> not allow to retrieve it. We should use getDeclaredMethod() -- this appears
> to work in my testing. I will include that fix in the HBaseClusterTest
> diff. Not sure why no one saw this bug before.

This should sink the 0.92.0RC0.

I have not seen it in my testing.  I was running against the 0.20.205
branch which is some commits beyond 0.20.205 but there is nothing
CHANGES.txt that I can see that should have 'fixed' the above.  I made
HBASE-4935.

St.Ack