hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject ANN: The third hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 00:22:04 GMT
The third hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download:

I've posted a secure and an insecure tarball built by jenkins.

This RC bundles hadoop 1.0.0rc3 and zookeeper 3.4.2rc0.

As said previous, HBase 0.92.0 includes a raft of new features
including: coprocessors, security, a new (self-migrating) file format,
distributed log splitting, etc.  There's been > 600 fixes since 0.90.
See the list here: http://su.pr/1VZzl5

See the hbase manual for the low-down on what hadoop version this
release will run on: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hadoop

There is no migration necessary.  A shutdown and restart after putting
in place the new HBase should be all thats involved (A rolling restart
from 0.90.x to 0.92.0 will not work).  That said, once you have moved
to 0.92.x, there is no going back to 0.90.x after the transition has
been made.

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.92.0?  Take it for a spin.
Check out the doc.  Vote +1/-1 by January 3rd, 2012.

Happy Holidays.
The HBasistas

P.S. If you are thinking of going to 0.92 anytime soon, help us out w/
the testing if you can.  This period while we are putting up release
candidates is the best time for trying stuff out because if you find
an ugly bug, it'll be fixed pretty tout de suite

View raw message