hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: MaxDirectMemorySize Was: Suspected memory leak
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:43:22 GMT
If the problem is only the client, then why don't we suggest different
settings for client vs server?

I imagine most clients aren't even using the HBASE_OPTS parameter,
right? Only the shell... in which case these settings in hbase-env
won't have any effect.

We should probably default the offheapcache to 0% and make people
explicitly enable it, IMO.

-Todd