hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANN: The first hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 04:57:28 GMT
Latest update on the issue: I ran the tests in a highly rigged environment
with a classpath full of RC0 Hadoop 0.22 artifacts (instead of the snapshot
ones from Maven). All of the tests pass now. I think this gets HBase/Hadoop RCs
off the hook.

Bigtop is now +1 on HBase 0.92RC/Hadoop 0.22RC

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. On a related note -- I really starting to *hate* how unreliable
snapshots from
Apache projects are. This is really bad and makes me think that perhaps,
we'd be better off having a Bigtop-specific maven repo to which I can push
artifacts when doing stack builds. So at least, Bigtop tests will be unaffected
by something like this (sorry folks, I don't know how to help you in general
case of mvn test, etc.)

P.P.S. On the other hand, that's yet another piece of infra. we'd have to
maintain :-(