hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: problem starting HBase regional server
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 04:35:26 GMT
Seems like you're running GCJ probably, instead of Sun Java. Can you check in that direction,
and switch your default java to the proper Sun Java JRE/JDK paths?

On 12-Dec-2011, at 10:01 AM, Aditya Kumar wrote:

> thank you for the response.
>
> I do have zookeeper.jar?
>
>  locate  zookeeper.jar
> /usr/lib/hbase/lib/zookeeper.jar
> /usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper.jar
>
> what else I should see to resolve issue (1)

in the status Bar and no response.
>> I tried: http://10.10.10.11:60010
>>
>> when I checked Hmaster it is running on 10.10.10.11. but the GUI does not come
>>

> Check master logs.  If it can't find zk jar, its not going to come up.
>

>> 3) I have a Hadoop and Hbase installed in 5 hosts.
>> if I want this to be given to 25 applications for accessing the DB, what are the
configuration changes that I should be taken into consideration
>> like: ( in some applications max handles , threads) similarly what all I should be
taken into consideration.

> Read the manual that is up on hbase.org.
>

>> 4) when I try to connect to HBase shell
>> it stops and does not proceed.
>> =
>> hbase(main):006:0* list
>> TABLE
>> 11/12/11 18:25:57 FATAL zookeeper.ZKConfig: The server in zoo.cfg cannot be set to
localhost in a fully-distributed setup because it won't be reachable. See "Getting Started"
for more information.