hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramkrishna.vasude...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Registered listeners not getting removed - Leading to memory leak
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 01:32:02 GMT
Hi All

In trunk the problem doesnot exist.  Every time when we do getCatalogTracker
as part of the constructor

atalogTracker(final ZooKeeperWatcher zk, final Configuration conf,
      HConnection connection, Abortable abortable, final int defaultTimeout)

  throws IOException {
    this.connection = connection;
    if (abortable == null) {
      // A connection is abortable.
      this.abortable = this.connection;
    }
    Abortable throwableAborter = new Abortable() {

      @Override
      public void abort(String why, Throwable e) {
        throw new RuntimeException(why, e);
      }

      @Override
      public boolean isAborted() {
        return true;
      }

    };
    if (zk == null) {
      // Create our own.  Set flag so we tear it down on stop.
      this.zookeeper =
        new ZooKeeperWatcher(conf, "catalogtracker-on-" +
connection.toString(),
          abortable);
      instantiatedzkw = true;
    } else {
      this.zookeeper = zk;

Everytime as zk is null we create new zookeeper watcher..  But in the 0.90.x
version we don't do that.. we get the zkwatcher from the connection object.
That is why the listener is not getting cleared.

Any suggestions on this?

Regards

Ram

  _____