hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya Kumar <adityakumar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem starting HBase regional server
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 04:45:30 GMT
Harsh,
I do have sun java.

also I think all the issues I have listed are inter related ...:(
I can see in the hmaster log that :

2011-12-11 20:22:46,876 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager: Waiting on regionserver(s)
to checkin
2011-12-11 20:22:46,924 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to
server Hostname-namenode.com/10.10.8.11:2181
2011-12-11 20:22:46,925 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x1342f04cf980004 for
server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:701)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1119)

my hmaster and zookeeper when I do status : show running.
looks zookeeper started with some error??

----- Original Message -----
From: Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com>
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Cc: Stack <stack@duboce.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: problem starting HBase regional server

Seems like you're running GCJ probably, instead of Sun Java. Can you check in that direction,
and switch your default java to the proper Sun Java JRE/JDK paths?

On 12-Dec-2011, at 10:01 AM, Aditya Kumar wrote:

> thank you for the response.
>
> I do have zookeeper.jar?
>
>  locate  zookeeper.jar
> /usr/lib/hbase/lib/zookeeper.jar
> /usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper.jar
>
> what else I should see to resolve issue (1)

in the status Bar and no response.
>> I tried: http://10.10.10.11:60010
>>
>> when I checked Hmaster it is running on 10.10.10.11. but the GUI does not come
>>

> Check master logs.  If it can't find zk jar, its not going to come up.
>

>> 3) I have a Hadoop and Hbase installed in 5 hosts.
>> if I want this to be given to 25 applications for accessing the DB, what are the
configuration changes that I should be taken into consideration
>> like: ( in some applications max handles , threads) similarly what all I should be
taken into consideration.

> Read the manual that is up on hbase.org.
>

>> 4) when I try to connect to HBase shell
>> it stops and does not proceed.
>> =
>> hbase(main):006:0* list
>> TABLE
>> 11/12/11 18:25:57 FATAL zookeeper.ZKConfig: The server in zoo.cfg cannot be set to
localhost in a fully-distributed setup because it won't be reachable. See "Getting Started"
for more information.