hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gómez Ferro <danie...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Return value from RegionObserver.preIncrement()
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:47:01 GMT
Hi Lars,

Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4903

What's the best option to solve this?

Thanks,
Daniel

On Nov 30, 2011, at 15:10 , Lars George wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> This indeed looks like an oversight. Could you create a JIRA for it please?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars
>
> On Nov 30, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Daniel Gómez Ferro wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> RegionObserver.preIncrement() receives a Result object which it can modify if it
wants to return directly to the client. However the only way of modifying it that I could
find is through Result.readFields(). That would require the user to create the Result object
he wants, serializing it and then deserializing.

>> I think it would be better to either change preIncrement() to return a Result object
or add a setter to Result. We could also change preIncrement() to receive a List<KeyValue>
like preGet() does.