hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gómez Ferro <danie...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Return value from RegionObserver.preIncrement()
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:37:58 GMT
Hi,

RegionObserver.preIncrement() receives a Result object which it can modify if it wants to
return directly to the client. However the only way of modifying it that I could find is through
Result.readFields(). That would require the user to create the Result object he wants, serializing
it and then deserializing.

I think it would be better to either change preIncrement() to return a Result object or add
a setter to Result. We could also change preIncrement() to receive a List<KeyValue>
like preGet() does.

Thanks.

Daniel