hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Gaojinchao <gaojinc...@huawei.com>
Subject Re: Time for 0.90.5
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 02:47:54 GMT
We are also ready to start using the latest snapshot version. :)

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: jdcryans@gmail.com [mailto:jdcryans@gmail.com] 代表 Jean-Daniel Cryans
发送时间: 2011年11月22日 7:40
收件人: dev@hbase.apache.org
主题: Time for 0.90.5

Hey devs,

I know everyone's focusing on 0.92 and all, but I think we need a
0.90.5 to ease some of the support pain. For example, I helped drevell
on IRC today with something that turned out to be a nasty version of
HBASE-4168. Basically:

- Shut down the machine that has .META. (or maybe even -ROOT-)
- Let the master replay the logs
- Once it's done, it reassigns .META. but the CT's can't find it
because they are stuck on NoRouteToHostException (that's HBASE-4168)
- Master is stuck
- In their case it unstuck itself === >30min later === when they
rebooted the machine and the master started getting ConnectionRefused
instead.

There's a lot of other good stuff in there that people might need. At
SU we've been running on a snapshot of 0.90 from late October.

J-D