hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gómez Ferro <danie...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Omid: Transactional Support for HBase
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 22:19:51 GMT
Hi Gary

Thanks for your tip, I just added a link, I'm sure it will raise its visibility.

On Nov 4, 2011, at 20:53 , Gary Helmling wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Cool stuff.  You might want to link your project on the "supporting
> projects" wiki page as well:
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/SupportingProjects
>
> Can't guarantee it'll drive a lot of traffic, but it's a good
> reference point for new users looking for options.
>
> --gh
>

> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>> 2011/11/4 Daniel Gómez Ferro <danielgf@yahoo-inc.com>:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> It is my pleasure to announce the open source release of Omid, a project whose
goal is to add lock-free transactional support on top of HBase. The current release includes
CrSO, a client-replicated status oracle that detects the write-write conflicts to provide
Snapshot Isolation. CrSO has the following appealing properties: