hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Sitruk <mikael.sit...@gmail.com>
Subject metric questions
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:23:25 GMT
Hi

I have enabled metrics on Hbase cluster (0.90.1), and mapped the metrics to
3 categories (missing, Present but not documented/Incomplete
documentation,Ok) according to their status in the book (
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase_metrics). Is it possible to udpate
the book accordingly?
It seems also that rpc metrics are not documented at all.

And now some questions on the metrics:
I can see some metrics present a num_ops and avg_time suffix (like rpc) but
it seems that for certain metrics is it totally unclear (to me at least) or
their name is missleading - for example what
means compactionTime_avg_time/compactionTime_num_ops? or flushSize_avg_time
and flushSize_num_ops? I mean I would have understood compaction_avg_time
and flushSize or flush_avg_time.

Also how can we know the unit of measure of metrics (beside memstoreSizeMB
and storefileIndexSizeMB that explicitly tell the UOM)?

Missing:

blockCacheEvictedCount
blockCacheHitCachingRatio
blockCacheHitCount
blockCacheMissCount
compactionSize_avg_time
compactionSize_num_ops
compactionTime_avg_time
compactionTime_num_ops
flushQueueSize
flushSize_avg_time
flushSize_num_ops
flushTime_avg_time
flushTime_num_ops

Present but not documented/Incomplete documentation:

blockCacheHitRatio
fsReadLatency_num_ops
fsSyncLatency_num_ops
fsWriteLatency_num_ops