hbase-dev mailing list archives

From N Keywal <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject unit tests improvement
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 16:32:21 GMT
Hi all;

I created two jiras:
1) HBASE-4712 is for documenting the standard way for writing tests. Not
rocket science, but it will help to keep a certain level of quality. Please
have a look at it & feel free to comment.

2) HBASE-4737 is for the split; as discussed two weeks ago. There is a
split proposal. I will apply this split this week-end or monday, don't
hesitate to provide a feedback before (or after if necessary :-). I tested
the parallelization within surefire for the small tests, it seems to work
quite well.

Don't forget that the idea is to run only small & medium on the developer
machine by default. This will make the sub-tests-suite runs under 30
minutes, but the selection is important if we don't want to kill the
pre-patch machine with defects that could have been detected before.

I will provide a script to test this before the 'hard' surefire push.  This
script also allow to launch two maven instances in parallel. Still beta,
but can be useful. I will attach it to HBASE-4737 when the pre patch
machine validates my patch on pom.xml :-)