hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unit tests improvement
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 17:04:40 GMT
With help from Giri, we have patch testing for TRUNK.
I think all patches for TRUNK (0.92 included in the near future since
they're quite close) should go through HadoopQA, i.e. patch testing.

The rationale is that contributor may not have hardware + OS (Ubuntu)
combination that Jenkins uses.
Certain timing related issues would be exposed on Jenkins, as previous
incidents have shown.

For patches targeting 0.90.x, we rely on contributor/committer to run test
suite.

Cheers