hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject patch maturity and HBase release Was: HBASE-4120 table level priority
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 23:40:16 GMT
Thanks for the reminder Stack.

I got a little sidetracked after working at 3AM this morning :-)

As Stack has demonstrated through adding unit tests for HBASE-4298, feature
patches would get accepted faster if committers are willing to nurture them.
There is usually considerable amount of work behind feature patches, such
as HBASE-451, HBASE-4120, HBASE-4213, etc from both contributors and
committers.
Such effort tends to last several months. So a little touch up now and then
is healthy for the final integration of the features.

The above is my personal opinion.