hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sonal Goyal <sonalgoy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Amazon s3 and Hadoop/Hbase
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 04:45:50 GMT
If your use case is pure file modification, I am not sure how HBase is
helping you. Do you want to save some metadata as well? Are you doing some
file analysis and want to access the results? If not, you are probably
better off not adding another layer.

This is not to say HBase can not save file blobs. Just that in your
scenario, you dont seem to need the value HBase adds.

Thats my point of view! Lets see if someone on the list has some other
thoughts.

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>