hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Time for 0.90.5
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:39:31 GMT
Hey devs,

I know everyone's focusing on 0.92 and all, but I think we need a
0.90.5 to ease some of the support pain. For example, I helped drevell
on IRC today with something that turned out to be a nasty version of
HBASE-4168. Basically:

- Shut down the machine that has .META. (or maybe even -ROOT-)
- Let the master replay the logs
- Once it's done, it reassigns .META. but the CT's can't find it
because they are stuck on NoRouteToHostException (that's HBASE-4168)
- Master is stuck
- In their case it unstuck itself === >30min later === when they
rebooted the machine and the master started getting ConnectionRefused
instead.

There's a lot of other good stuff in there that people might need. At
SU we've been running on a snapshot of 0.90 from late October.

J-D