hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase .92 maven artifacts compiled against different releases of Hadoop
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:10:33 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tucu@cloudera.com> wrote:
> While not 100% correct, IMO making Hadoop an optional dependency it
> may be the way to go for Hadoop downstream projects. By doing this,
> the users of the downstream project can set the version of Hadoop they
> need and do the exclusions for that version they use without having to
> worry about all exclusions for all possible Hadoop versions.

What would this look like AA?  We'd denote an Hadoop version for
compile but we'd not bundle an hadoop in what we ship?

Some work was done (by you?) to favor an hadoop specified by
environment variables.  You think we should tend this direction?

What for the case where you want to do a standalone hbase install,
where you want to run a single hbase instance?

Good stuff,
St.Ack