hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Omid: Transactional Support for HBase
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 18:25:08 GMT
2011/11/4 Daniel Gómez Ferro <danielgf@yahoo-inc.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> It is my pleasure to announce the open source release of Omid, a project whose goal is
to add lock-free transactional support on top of HBase. The current release includes CrSO,
a client-replicated status oracle that detects the write-write conflicts to provide Snapshot
Isolation. CrSO has the following appealing properties:

Nice addition Daniel.  Thank you for posting the list (FYI, slaves in
HBase are called RegionServers not DataNodes -- you might want to
update your graphic).  What does CrSo stand for?    If it fails, all
transactions just abort -- the clients will time them out? (Thats not
bad I'd say).   Thanks for doing the comparison to hbase-trx.  That
helps.

Good stuff Daniel,
St.Ack